View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001882||SpeedFan||Other||public||2011-10-09 02:00||2011-10-12 10:43|
|Platform||Windows||OS||XP||OS Version||2002 SP3|
|Summary||0001882: Start up issues|
|Description||I run both Speedfan and RMClock utility 2.35. I've noticed that when the RmClock icon appears on the taskbar during start up before Speedfan icon appears, Speedfan starts normally without errors. But if the Speedfan icon appears first, then the Speedfan interface doesn't minimize like it's optioned to do on start up, and everything has a question mark next to it. After several seconds, everything appears except fan speed %. The questions marks remain and the interface can't be minimized until you right click the icon and select restore.|
|Steps To Reproduce||It's intermittent depending on program boot sequence during start up. But happens quite often.|
|Additional Information||The only thing I could suggest is a boot time delay option. I haven't figured one out yet.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Motherboard Model||MS 7353|
|Video Card Model||HD3850|
Might it be that SpeedFan and the other tool were competing to access the same resources?
Can you send or UPLOAD here the output of SpeedFan's SEND REPORT in both situations?
It would be great if you could mail me DEBUG.NFO file from SpeedFan's directory too.
I use rmclock 2.35 too, on a XP sp3 low-end machine (xp1600+ mobile)
I did not experienced this behavior. But in msconfig/startup, I only have 3 items. May I suggest running bootvis to track what is happening on boot, and maybe HighJackThis too. It looks like speedfan is launched first, but Rmclock is the first to reach the icon tray.
I also experienced a serious slow down at startup causing SF to remain open like you wrote, but that was windows xp stupide DNS service eating ressources. In service.msc I set it to "disabled", I still can acces web without a hitch.
I changed RmClock start up option from registry to start up folder and it seems to have cured the problem.
I'm guessing that it offset the timing enough so that they are not accessing resources simultaneously.
I had similar problems with RivaTuner and SpeedFan.
I ended up starting them sequentially from a batch file, and having that batch file as a startup entry. That ensured they didn't step on each other's toes.
|2011-10-09 02:00||dab11999||New Issue|
|2011-10-09 02:00||dab11999||Status||new => assigned|
|2011-10-09 02:00||dab11999||Assigned To||=> alfredo|
|2011-10-09 09:37||alfredo||Note Added: 0006506|
|2011-10-09 09:37||alfredo||Status||assigned => acknowledged|
|2011-10-11 09:55||DeltaFX||Note Added: 0006537|
|2011-10-12 07:28||dab11999||Note Added: 0006547|
|2011-10-12 10:43||mikutoc||Note Added: 0006552|