View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002498||SpeedFan||Hardware support||public||2016-02-24 01:49||2016-02-24 01:49|
|Platform||Asus Z97M-Plus||OS||Windows 7||OS Version||Windows 7 Pro 64|
|Product Version||4.52 beta|
|Summary||0002498: "Black Screen" hard crash of Radeon R9 Nano graphics card caused by SpeedFan|
|Description||SpeedFan causes a hard "black screen" crash of the R9 Nano as it goes through the process of probing the motherboard devices.|
* The screen goes black
* The graphics card fan goes to maximum (100%)
* The machine is running, but the graphics card is locked up. Even a hardware reset won't restart the graphics card. Only a full power cycle will bring the graphics card back.
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Start s SpeedFan manually once the machine has booted.|
2) The graphics card will crash before SpeedFan has finished reading the motherboard sensors and initialising.
|Additional Information||I've been using SF (4.52.5782.52544) for several months successfully on this machine with an AMD Radeon 6950 graphics card.|
After upgrading to an AMD Radeon R9 Nano card. I very time I log into Windows the card crashes within about 10-20s.
I have SpeedFan set up to start automatically from the Task Manager. After some testing I proved that SpeedFan was the cause of the crash-
1) By renaming the SpeedFan install directory (preventing SF from starting) I was able to get the machine running ok.
2) I tried moving the SF .cfg files to reset the configuration
3) Running SF manually still crashes the graphics card part way through the process of initialising SpeedFan.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Motherboard Model||Asus Z97M-Plus|
|Video Card Model||XFX (AMD) Radeon R9 Nano|