View Issue Details
|Windows 7 x64
|0002335: silent uninstaller not completely silent
|When trying to uninstall SpeedFan silently via the /S switch, it still asks if you want to keep your configuration or not. Maybe this can also be scripted?
|Steps To Reproduce
|Uninstall in a script with uninstall.exe /S
Even when the program has not been run it asks whether you want to delete your configuration or not.
|I'm creating software packages to use with OPSI. Somehow the OPSI script continues to run and only the uninstall.exe is deleted.
|No tags attached.
|Video Card Model
Well, I 'fixed' this.
1. Install by hand on one computer to get the files
2. Copy files to script directory
3. In script: copy speedfan.sys to system32 or syswow64 directory
4. In script: create registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SPEEDFAN and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\speedfan
5. In script: create shortcuts
Yay, it finally works without 'complaining' on uninstall!
|Slight clarification: On uninstall the script removes the registry keys and the files, nothing more.