View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002305||SpeedFan||User interface||public||2014-09-24 23:11||2014-09-25 09:34|
|Platform||Asus Z87-Plus||OS||Windows 64-bit||OS Version||8.1|
|Summary||0002305: No icon when started from Task Scheduler|
|Description||When SpeedFan is started from Task Scheduler no icon appears.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Create Task Scheduler task to start SpeedFan on startup, running with highest privilege. Action is "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan\speedfan.exe" with no start path or arguments specified.|
2. Terminate the running instance of SpeedFan and confirm it is not running in Task Manager.
3. Manually start the above created task. No UAC confirmation prompt is given as the task is run with highest privilege.
4. Note that SpeedFan is now running in Task Manager but no icon present in the system tray.
If the running task is terminated, SpeedFan can once again be started via it's shortcut and the icon appears as usual.
|Additional Information||Tried specifying the task as:|
* Hidden and not hidden
* Configured for Vista and Win8
It is important to be able to start SpeedFan with the Task Scheduler because of two other issues I'm having (previously reported using GUI report button):
1. SpeedFan does not function after resuming from standby.
2. SpeedFan does not start from StartUp folder (common UAC problem).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Motherboard Model||Asus Z87-Plus|
|Video Card Model||None|