View Issue Details
|0002112: PWM Mode and Type keep changing
|In order to get my fan control working, I set PWM 1, 2, and 3 to "Manual *", the PWN Type to "PWM Output", and select "remember it" for all the settings. It usually works flawlessly for a few hours.
After an amount of time, the settings for the Winbond W83667HG IC are reset to their original values, the fans shoot up to max speed, and my PC becomes a wind-tunnel. I then have to go into the advanced options for the Winbond chip and set everything back to Manual or PWN output, at which point the automated fan control will kick in again.
Since my fans are still running, everything is still remaining cool, so the severity of this issue isn't as great, I just can't figure out why these settings keep on resetting.
Thanks for all the help.
|Steps To Reproduce
|Usually happens within 3 hours, but has lasted longer.
|Q-Fan Control is disabled the bios.
|No tags attached.
|Asus P5Q Pro
|Video Card Model
|Are you using any Asus tool? There seems to be something else that resets those settings. If it is another tool you can stop using it. If it is the BIOS, it is more complex...
Not using any Asus tools, but I suspected as much as well. I use MSI Afterburner, I don't think that could conflict but I'll try disabling it tonight to see if the issue persists.
I might reset my BIOS settings and redo my configuration. I've tinkered with them a bit from time to time, so something may be off. There are only a select few options which need to be defined specifically, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'll keep you updated.
Doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.
It seemed to have only started after switching to Windows 8, but I've decided to switch back to Windows 7. I only have so much patience, and Windows 8 has exhausted it, lol.
Regardless, thanks for the help.
I have found the culprit, so I thought I'd update this ticket. It had nothing to do with Speedfan, so sorry for taking your time.
It turns out my install of Everest Ultimate was messing with the sensors and even causing BSODs. It was unbeknownst to me that the software wasn't being updated anymore, or that it was the issue in the first place. I kept it after reformatting for the sake of the keyboard LCD support, only to experience the same issues. You mentioned to stop using any other software, but for some reason, I just didn't connect the dots to Everest (I feel pretty dumb :P)
I have upgraded to the firms latest software, AIDA64, and the issues and bluescreen's have all stopped.
Thanks again for the help, though, and sorry to waste your time with an issue that was unrelated to your amazing software.
|new => assigned
|Note Added: 0007202
|assigned => acknowledged
|Note Added: 0007204
|Note Edited: 0007204
|Note Added: 0007210
|Note Added: 0007317
|Note Edited: 0007317
|Note Edited: 0007317