View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001941||SpeedFan||Hardware support||public||2012-02-15 02:05||2019-03-29 06:56|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows 7 Ultimate x64||OS Version||SP1|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001941: Speedfan can't control AMD video card FAN unless logged-on (as Task Scheduled)|
|Description||I usually use speedfan as service with Task scheduler method, configured with "Run whether user is logged on or not" setting; in order to have automatic fan speed control, just powering up the PC (without logging on).|
Now I changed video card with a AMD Radeon HD6950, and speedfan can access to video card (for temperature and FAN speed) only if speedfan is started with "Run only when user is logged-on".
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Set speedfan as a task, by setting as the follow:|
...a. "Run whether user is logged on or not"
...b. "Run with highest privileges"
...c. I use Administrator as user, which it is active in windows, but putting your current user is fine for this test
...d. Make a new action with your speedfan executable path. (Triggers are not relevant for this test)
2) Open speedfan, check the "Automatic fan speed" option, and configure the fans in order to obtain a low speed.
3) Go to the Configure -> Options window, and check "Set fans to 100% on program exit".
4) Close speedfan, your fans should be at 100%
- Start the task and wait about 10 secs: you should notice that all fans are auto-controller, EXCEPT the video card fans.
NOTE: Sometimes with this task settings, speedfan locks at start and fails to control ALL fans; if this happens, then please go to TEST 2.
- Put again ALL your fans al 100% speed by closing speedfan.
- Edit the speedfan task from Task Scheduler window.
- In the Action tab, edit the action and add "/NOATIADLSCAN" to "Add arguments (optional)" field
..(this parameter avoid speedfan to scan for ATi/AMD videocards)
- Start the task and wait about 10 secs: this time, speedfan should be start CORRECTLY (speedfan was locked ups because did fail AMD video card scan), and all fans should be controlled, except those of video card (obviously, because the NOATIADLSCAN).
|Additional Information||I don't know if this is a speedfan or AMD or windows issue, but would be very useful to workaround it.|
Sorry for my bad english.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Motherboard Model||Asus P5Q|
|Video Card Model||MSI R6950 Twin Frozr 3|